The journal operates a double-blind peer review policy following prior initial editorial screening. Suitable reviewers are selected by the editorial board to assure that no conflict of interest occurs.
The referees take the following issues into consideration:
- originality of the paper
- the significance of the topic
- contribution to the field
- suitability of the methodology
- adequate presentation of results
- the soundness of the conclusions
- academic style and language
- observance of relevant ethical issues
The review process may take 3-5 months. Non-native writers in English are encouraged to have their texts proofread prior to final submission in order to ensure that the language meets the general standards of correctness. Please note that the journal does not provide linguistic advisory or proofreading services.